RULES REGARDING OUTSIDE BAR SERVICE
FELLS POINT FESTIVAL 2018
Outside alcohol service will be allowed ONLY by establishments that carry a liquor license and by following a set of guided restrictions.
If you do not agree to all terms, you cannot set up a bar outside, meaning all alcohol must be poured INSIDE of your establishment and carried on a tray or by a server to your customers INSIDE your cafe seating and no alcohol can be poured outside. ALCOHOL CANNOT BE PASSED THROUGH WINDOWS OR DOORWAYS.
- Conditions for the use of OUTSIDE BARS:
- Must be a registered vendor for the 2018 FPFF and have paid the applicable fee of $200 per 10×10 space and a $200 convenience fee to the Festival organizers by the application deadline of Oct. 7th. If you are not a registered vendor, you cannot have a service station outside.
- Restaurants must pay for a liquor extension ($200/ per day) to set-up an outside bar.
- Restaurants do not need to have outdoor seating in order to apply for the liquor extension.
- The liquor extension can extend onto the sidewalk and must be barricaded/fenced.
- The perimeter of your footprint must be fenced.
- Must submit a check deposit to FPMS of $500 and agree to the terms that the check will be cashed only if caught in violation of the terms set forth during the event. All those in compliance for the duration of the event will be given their check back.
- Must be a member of FPMS at the $500 per year (Schooner) Level, www.fellspointmainstreet.org/membership/
- Must agree to only serve the festival sponsor beers outside – currently Bud Light, Guinness Blonde, Devil’s Backbone and Evolution (TBD)- & must adhere to charging the same cost for the beers as the festival bars (TBD).
- Outside Bars must NOT serve the following: Babe canned wine & White Claw spiked seltzers.
- Bar/pouring/serving station must be located within and only service customers inside their patio/fenced cafe seating area. Your station is not a festival mobile bar and you cannot serve to customers on the street.
- This bar is a convenience for your guests and will be run as such. You may serve beer, wine, and liquor responsibly. NO SHOTS OR SHOOTERS ARE ALLOWED TO BE SERVED OUTSIDE.
- Penalties – If you violate of ANY the terms set forth, you will be fined $500, will be asked to remove your outside tables and/or fencing, and tent immediately, and will not be allowed to participate in 2019.
- If you opt out of having the bar and just utilize your outside seating, every drink must be poured inside your establishment and must be carried out by a server ONLY to people sitting AND dining at your existing tables. You cannot sell alcoholic beverages through doorways or windows to people on the street.
- Only Fells Point Main Street bars operating in the festival footprint are allowed to serve patrons on the street. Your outside bar can only serve the guests patronizing your establishment that are within your fenced area.
- OUTSIDE BARS ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO OPERATE DURING THE HOURS OF THE FESTIVAL. ALL BARS MUST BE SHUT DOWN AT 8 PM.
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO OPERATE AN OUTSIDE BAR IF THIS FORM IS NOT SIGNED AND IF YOU DO NOT SCHEDULE AN IN-PERSON WALK-THROUGH WITH FPMS BY OCT. 7TH.
By electronically signing below, I agree to follow the terms set forth.